Monday, December 8, 2008

Time

Okay I really really dont understand how people get everything done. I am not sure if it is just me or if everyone is this way but Im just not sure how some people are so "put together" and sometimes I think im going to lose it...

Example... okay, I work.. pick up my kids at 3:30... get home by around 3:50 try and sign on the computer and work for a few more hours. Meanwhile kid chaos... screaming crying, fighting, some coloring ( usually on my coffetable or walls), then me trying to mitigate and then a movie (guilt, yes movie is my babysitter but whew i can maybe get some work done)..., then dinner, make dinner, I dont want to eat my dinner its yucky...i want icecream..... then clean up dinner, put dishes in diswasher.. while more chaos and screaming. Next, bed... with please get your jammies on (while they put both legs in ONE and jump back and forth down the hall)... then, If you dont get your jammies on you wont get a story.. brush teeth...that includes spitting toothpaste all over the mirror. In bed, story songs, lights out...then at least 3X back in there for water, or something... Then kids are in bed but house is chaos... dinner still only half cleaned up counters a mess... legos and markers everywhere and a cup of crumbs and smashed up stuff on my floor... huh...its 9oclock.... I have countless meetings tomorrow and I dont want to sweep up crumbs again...are you kidding me.?

Sorry..i know that was a rant..but u know how it gets...just breathe..

3 comments:

EBKB said...

You are doing much better than I would in your shoes...I have a lot more free time than you do, and I still feel pulled in all directions much of the time. R demands near-constant attention and L has been home sick the past two days and I've gotten NOTHING done.

runbarbirun said...

I think im just having stress and PMS and everthing else..but sometimes Im like ARE YOU KIDDING ME.... I need a maid, but cant afford a maid..my dumb neighbors all have maids (except the work at home moms)they dont get maids..but i think I would have to clean before the maid anyways and then whats the point

brookelmt said...

All I can say is, "I am glad I have one kid and not two". I would not be able to deal if I had two. I often give R my floor duster and let him help me sweep - the beauty of hardwood floors. Of course I sweep twice a day.