Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Make it count

I was on vacation last week and learned that a friend of mine at work had died. His name was Jon Konjevod and he was my age and had 2 daughters, his wife was 2 months pregnant. He had a severe asthma attack and died on Friday, and he was my friend.

I cannot imagine the terrible things his wife and family are going through right now. What a crazy sad world.

My mom sends me all these spammy emails about living a "life that matters" and "making every minute count" while they do sometimes make me teary they do put things into perspective.

So i do have a few preachy things to say. #1 buy life insurance #2... THINGS do not matter (not your car or your big TV or any of that other stuff you do not need ) #3 People do matter and relationships do matter... so my advice... hug your kids every day several times, then do it again...... forgive someone you dont want to, more importantly..forgive yourself... then call your parents and siblings and tell them you love them. its important.

There is this verse I really like by a band called ALO... the song is "FLY" and it says " I want to tell them what I cant explain, I got to tell them not be afraid. I want to tell them in the end that there is no pain, because when you see the light, you gonna rise like a lion up into the sky, while the world around you dies... " .

God i hope that is what its like..i would like that.

1 comment:

EBKB said...

I'm sorry...

I was going to write a long response but I wrote a blog entry instead.