Monday, August 4, 2008

New appliance bliss

We have had a bit of bad Karma lately and our disposal has broken, along with our dishwasher. We ended up getting a new disposal, sink faucet and dishwasher.
All of these appliances have been in disrepair basically since we bought our house 6 years ago..but they decided to die all at the same time.

The dishwasher had been on its way out for a while as it made a very loud whirring noise... to the point where people would be at my house and say "what is that noise"..."oh, thats the dishwasher". Then last month it started in with the clunk clunk noise on top of the normal whirring.

My disposal has always been worthless. It has leaked off an on under my sink forever and never chopped anything up. I would always look in there and see whole spaghetti or whatever else accidentally made it way in there and regularly had to put my hand in there and clean it out..yuck.

As a side note when my dishwasher was dead I had to do my dishes by hand one day.. and it totally and I am going to say it again totally SUCKED! It took me like 2 hours to do all my dishes and it was terrible and awkward and there was water all over afterwards... i would give anything to have that 2 hours back and vowed never to do my dishes by hand again( we ate on paper plates until it was installed) ..

Well with our the death of our appliances my handy husband installed a new disposal, new faucet and a stinky Russian guy came to our house and installed our new shiny dishwasher. I would have to say im am in new appliance heaven!
I have a disposal that ACTUALLY chops up food, and it has a cool name the insinkerator! My dishwasher (in addition to being very attractive and shiny) makes NO noise AND my faucet does not leak on top when I turn it on. It also has a very cool pull our sprayerey thing.

I have to say I wish i would have done all this 6 years ago! I love my appliances that actually work like they are supposed to, I cant believe I waited so long to get new ones!!!
All hail modern appliances!

1 comment:

EBKB said...

This is kinda how we felt when we finally pulled up the nasty carpet upstairs--why didn't we do this 7 years ago, when we first moved in???