Friday, September 26, 2008

Book Obsession

Im not sure if everyone is this way but I think I have a book obsession.  Often I will start a book or a series of books that I very much become obsessed with.  I dont want to do anything but read that book and be in the book.  I carry it around with me everywhere and use every 10 minutes of time to read my book.  Im not sure why this happens. 

 I will sometimes delay reading the next book because I feel guilty and know that if I start reading it I wont be able to stop and then I will ignore everyone else and not want to do what I am supposed to be doing because I want to read my book.   Im not sure why this type of escapism appeals to me...but it does.. 


3 comments:

EBKB said...

I've had this problem kind of all my life. I figured out when I was in college that I just couldn't read anything "pleasurable" or I wouldn't get any school work done. Though I haven't found a book that totally *consumed* my attention in a little while, I have to say. It's probably a good thing.

runbarbirun said...

Yeah i was definatly obsessed with that "Game of Thrones" series...but i got very frustrated towards the end on the last book. i wanted to finish it (which I did) but is going NOWHERE and then I new there was not another book out yet...

and SO much detail ugh. "He was wearing is red velvet doublet with the lace collar and the proud lion sigil.." ugh

brookelmt said...

I am the same way. I devour some books and I can't wait to find out what happens next but then when I am about 3/4 of the way through I slow down to savor it and make it last because I don't want it to end. Sad.