Saturday, September 27, 2008

Convenience

There are tons of products out there that are made for convenience..but in the end they dont live up... Bottled garlic for instance... I love the concept.    Garlic is a pain in the ass...you have to peel it and smash it and inevitably your hands smell like garlic for at least 2 days.. So I have been buying bottled garlic....its a timesaver..amazing already presmashed.... no smelly hands.  

It tastes terrible however... I recently made some fish tampande thing and it called for like 8 cloves of garlic... I am positive the bottled garlic ruined it.... It doesnt even really taste like garlic, im not sure what it tastes like but im tossing my bottled garlic.   

I have a cold sore ... and I hate it, hate it hate it.  Im not sure what I did in another life to get afflicted with cold sores but I wish i would not have done it.   There are all these VERY expensive products that claim to reduce your cold sore by days and I have used them all and they are ALL a bunch of BS.... A cold sore is at least 14 days of digusting ooze and crusty grossness on your face no matter what product is out there.   I would like someone to come out with a cold sore prevention that really works......that would be even more convenient for me than even bottled garlic...  
 I guess I shouldnt be complaining  I could have that OTHER herpes, that would REALLY suck.  

3 comments:

EBKB said...

I don't like bottled garlic, either. It tastes chemically and wrong, and it gives people the most insufferable bad breath ever...much worse than real garlic breath, which is tolerable if both people have eaten garlic.

runbarbirun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brookelmt said...

If you refrigerate your garlic (or freeze it) it makes it easier to peel. I use those disposable vinyl gloves when I do any garlic onions or peppers. Wasteful I know but my clients thank me when I massage their face.