Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Scooterrific


For my 39th birthday my husband decided to suprise me with a scooter.... SUPRISE!!! It was a very very thoughtful gift other than the fact that I have never really considered the possibility of owning a scooter.

In addition to my scooter I was also suprised with about $3000.00 in repair costs for my car (which i love very much) SUPRISE!!!. Which is leaving me about $7000 in the hole from where I was about 2 weeks ago. Hmmm why are birthdays so good.?

After begging, pleading, cursing and crying with the scooter dealership I have now found myself still the proud owner of a 2008 Italian made scooter.. (i hear they are the best!)

I have been trying to embrace my inner scooter.... and it is rather fun to ride.

Scoot.. is 50cc's which means he is still considered a "bicycle" and I do not need to get a motorcycle liscence to drive him nor do I need insurance. This is very odd and a bit scary to me...but I dont make the laws. A fact that my 18 yr old that is currently not insured picked up on right away and MY scooter is rapidly becoming HIS scooter.  

 The cool thing is he does get about 100 miles to the gallon and is very economical, when it is nice outside.  He will go 35 miles an hour..4o if im lucky and there is a slight downhill... cars do seem to pass me pretty frequently.

I just need to stop thinking about wrecking and having all my skin ripped off in the process while I am riding my little scoot to and from work.  

Scoot did come with a very attractive helmet that I actually have started wearing again because I cannot get the thought of being creamed out of my mind.  But my helmet would look better if I was holding a light saber than riding my little scoot.  

BTW... Scoot is currently listed on Craigs list...so if anyone is interested in owning a a very little used very thought birthday present... let me know....

2 comments:

EBKB said...

Hm. If I lived closer, and had money, I would totally buy it.

It's the money part that presents the biggest challenge, I guess. Wait till I write that bestseller! I will take it off your hands at full price! Just don't hold your breath or anything.

Pilar Penobscot said...

I just remembered the time I saw this shirtless drunk hesher crash on a scooter. He whipped around a corner and fell off, sliding a good twenty feet, stomach down, on the asphalt. I was looking out a window of the place I was working out when it happened, and I ran out to see if he was okay. He was swaying more from drunkeness than his injuries, but his chest was one big abrasion and one of his nipples appeared to have rubbed off on the street. He just kept babbling about how his old lady was going to kill him for scratching up her sweet ride, and after a few minutes of cursing he got back on the thing and took off. Later, I found his nipple, but I hadn't thought to ask his name or address.